LESS IS MORE
The common misconception in the construction industry is that by adding more a better end result is achieved. For example adding more cement than required does not increase the strength of a structure. Adding extra water does not give better performance. There is a fine balance between, cement, sand, aggregate and of course admixtures:
WHAT IS CEMENT?
A cement is a binder, a substance that sets and hardens independently, and can bind other materials together.
Cements used in construction can be characterized as being either hydraulic or non-hydraulic. Hydraulic cements (e.g., Portland cement) harden because of hydration, a chemical reaction between the anhydrous cement powder and water.
HOW DOES CEMENT STRENGHTEN?
Cement sets or cures when mixed with water which causes a series of hydration chemical reactions. The constituents slowly hydrate and crystallize; the interlocking of the crystals gives cement its strength. Maintaining a high moisture content in cement during curing increases both the speed of curing, and its final strength.
Concrete is a composite material composed of coarse granular material (the aggregate or filler) embedded in a hard matrix of material (the cement or binder) that fills the space among the aggregate particles and glues them together
FACTORS AFFECTING CONCRETE STRENGTH
- Water Cement Ratio
- Poor Quality Cement
Admixtures are the MAGIC ingredients that make LESS to MORE. By incorporating admixtures into concrete we achieve higher strength, faster curing and strengthening, water proofing, corrosion resistance, better workability of concrete, prevents blistering and reduction in the quantity of cement and water used to prepare concrete.
CEMENT ADMIXTURES WHAT IS IT?
Admixtures are materials in the form of powder or fluids that are added to the concrete to give it certain characteristics not obtainable with plain concrete mixes. In normal use, admixture dosages are less than 5% by mass of cement and are added to the concrete at the time of batching/mixing.
Concrete additives have been used since Roman and Egyptian times, when it was discovered that adding volcanic ash to the mix allowed it to set underwater. Similarly, the Romans knew that adding horse hair made concrete less liable to crack while it hardened, and adding blood made it more frost-resistant.
In modern times, researchers have experimented with the addition of other materials to create concrete with improved properties, such as higher strength. Manmade chemicals provide the required results.
Admixtures are available in various forms such as:
- Accelerators speed up the hydration (hardening) of the concrete
- Retarders slow the hydration of concrete and are used in large or difficult pours where partial setting before the pour is complete is undesirable.
- Air entrainments add and entrain tiny air bubbles in the concrete, which reduces damage during freeze-thaw cycles, increasing durability.
- Plasticizers increase the workability of plastic or “fresh” concrete, allowing it be placed more easily, with less consolidating effort.
- Superplasticizers (also called high-range water-reducers) are a class of plasticizers that have fewer deleterious effects and can be used to increase workability more than is practical with traditional plasticizers
- Pigments can be used to change the color of concrete, for aesthetics.
- Corrosion inhibitors are used to minimize the corrosion of steel and steel bars in concrete.
- Water Proofers
- And others
ADMIXTURES: HOW THEY ARE USED
IN NORMAL CONTEXT A COMBINATION OF VARIOUS ADMIXTURES ARE USED TO GET DESIRED RESULTS
NORMALLY ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR OR MORE DIFFERENT ADMIXTURES CHEMICALS ARE COMBINED
In mix design of high strength we can see use of Microsilica 5 – 10%, Super Plastisizer 1 – 3% and retarder 0.3 – 0.5%
WE HAVE THE PLEASURE TO INTRODUCE THE SUPERPOWER OF CEMENT ADMIXTURES
FlatPlugResin ALL IN ONE
- FlatPlugResin is introduced by EIKEN Co., Ltd. Japan. After research of 35 years by Japanese Scientists.
- FlatPlugResin is most effective cement admixture (inorganic chemical) which is used in developed countries. This innovative admixture is the revolution in the field of engineering
- construction which saves time and cost.
- FlatPlugResin is an inorganic compound containing of Silica.
- An innovative Concrete additive.
- ALL IN ONE CEMENT ADMIXTURE, NO NEED FOR FURTHER ADDITIVES.
Types of FlatPlugResin
FlatPlugResin 1000 is used as a water proofer and mitigates the problem such as blistering on floors. FlatPlugResin 1000 is extensively used to repair damaged concrete structures.
Advantages and usage
- It is an inorganic compound
- FlatPlugResin 1000 can be used as a concrete repairing agent as an epoxy. FlatPlugResin 1000 can be used to mitigate problems like cracks, segregation, shrinkage, leakage, seepage, etc. FlatPlugResin 1000 can be used in the renovation of large and small concrete structures. It is highly resistance to surface abrasion, crack and permeability with high compressive strength and excellent durability.
- FlatPlugResin1000 is very good material for water proofing and seepage control. FlatPlugResin 1000 is beneficial for both new and old construction works like bathroom, roof and walls.
- FlatPlugResin1000 can be used as a curing compound on a new concrete construction works. It saves time and construction period.
- FlatPlugResin1000 can be used for good floor finishing work on new and old concrete construction.
- FlatPlugResin 1000 can be used in three different methods :
- Slurry System (Mixing 0.200 kg/m² of cement)
- Mortar System (Mixing 1 kg/m² of cement)
- Spraying System (0.15 kg/m² only in new concrete)
- FlatPlugResin 2000 is compound of polycarboxylic acid salt and silica based in FlatPlugResin 1000.
- FlatPlugResin 2000 is an advanced material to FlatPlugResin 1000.
- FlatPlugResin 2000 is high range water reducer and workability enhancer.
- Flat plug 2000 can make a significant contribution to shorten the construction period.
- FlatPlugResin 2000 shortens concrete hardening and strengthening time to as less as 2-3 days from 28 days.
- FlatPlugResin 2000 reduces cement use by 40%
- FlatPlugResin 2000 is used to gain higher compressive strength more than M25. It is used in the ratio of 0.6% to 1.8 % of the cement volume.
- FlatPlugResin 2000 is extremely useful for Mega structures, Hydro projects, water retaining structures and any new constructions
- FlatPlugResin 2000 is calcium chloride free and has negligible alkali matter and it have lithium nitrate (LiNo₃) which we cannot find in other admixtures.
- FlatPlugResin 2000 gives high performance, long durability and more resistance to crack, abrasion, permeability and corrosion.
- FlatPlugResin 2000 is a multi functional cement admixture
- FlatPlugResin 2000 gives good slump and workability of concrete.
- FlatPlugResin 2000 has the following chemicals:
SiO2 silicon dioxide.
CaOH2 calcium hydroxide.
Al2O3 aluminum oxide.
MgO magnesium oxide
SAVES TIME AND MONEY
- FlatPlugResin reduces cement quantity up to 40% ……12% MORE than other admixtures.
- FlatPlugResin 2000 achieves minimum compressive strength in as little as 3-7 days which in generally gained 28 days, thus saving more than 21 days in labor cost.
- Construction material do not need to be stock piled as materials can be used immediately in the next step of construction.
- FlatPlugResin 1000 when used as curing compound over new structures, allows work to proceed further within 24 hrs of application. Additional works can start, saving curing time and cost.
FLAT PLUG POPULARITY
FlatPlugResin2000 is considered the SUPER POWER of admixtures in Japan. It is extensively used in the Middle East and all over the world.
Over 90% of Dams, Hydro and water retaining structures in JAPAN are constructed using FlatPlugResin.
- FlatPlugResin ECO5000 based on FlatPlugResin 1000.
- FlatPlugResin ECO5000 can also be used as concrete admixture to gain high compressive strength up to M30.
- FlatPlugResin ECO5000 saves cost and time. It is used only 0.167% of cement for concrete.
- FlatPlugResin ECO5000 has sulphate resistance capacity so it is additive for sand and soil, it bonds cement and soil.
- FlatPlugResin ECO5000 can be used extensively with mud, clay and soil for landscaping works.